Have you been injured at work?
According to the ABS*, of the 13.4 million Australians who have worked at some time in the last 12 months, 563,600 experienced work-related injury or illness during that same period. Of these 563,600 people, only 52% received workers compensation.
If you have been injured, you may be able to claim compensation to cover your wages, medical expenses and rehabilitation costs in addition to other types of workers’ compensation and benefits.
Some useful tips:
Things to do after you are injured at work:
- Report your injury to someone at work, such as your supervisor or manager.
- Establish if there are any witnesses to your injury.
- See a registered practitioner (you will need to obtain a Workers’ Compensation Medical Certificate)
- Contact Brandon & Gullo Lawyers as soon as possible to discuss your legal rights and obligations as strict time limits apply.
Claiming workers’ compensation can be a complicated and involved process. That’s why we have a team of lawyers with expertise and vast experience in workplace injury claims who can help you.
At Brandon & Gullo we offer the following:
- Obligation-free consultation to assess your case confidentially with no upfront charge;
- Claim assessment process where we will explain all of the options available to you;
- We can come to you if you are unable to make it into our office;
- Genuine No-Win No-Fee arrangement (we do not sign you up to loan agreements).